Saturday, August 7, 2010

My new carrier at DOC.

Well, my life changed around March 22, 2010. I'm no longer a bus driver, although I have kept my bus driver status. I am now working for the Department of Corrections at Coyote Ridge Correctional Center here in Connell. I am an OA3, or office assistant. I'm the one that makes sure that everything is in working order and everyone knows what's going on in the unit. Of course, there's not a lot to do if nothing is happening, but then that's government work for you.
I went through 6 weeks of CORE training. CORE is all the "necessary" information you need to know to do you job and so you can go home alive at the end of the day. I had to learn policies and procedures, self defense, how to do a cell search, a pat down search, hand cuffing, and interaction with inmates. It's all very intense stuff for an office assistant, but well worth it. It really opens your eyes to all the games that get played, so it helps to understand the players.

No comments:

Post a Comment