Saturday, January 24, 2009

Where do I begin?

After reading a friend's blog, I decided that I would try this and see what happens.

This morning I awoke to a light dusting of snow. This is nothing to this area, but it made a slight change in my plans. This morning I took my three oldest children to basketball camp in Connell. This was their first experience at playing basketball. Sure, they played it during PE or recess, but not organized ball. My daughter, Alora age 7, told me that she was disappointed that they didn't get to play. The coach had them learning the skills first...playing will come later. My boys, Peter John (11) and Aaron (9) really loved it. They were coached by some of the varsity boys from Connell High School. I'm glad they enjoyed the experience. Basketball was my sport in high school and collge and I wanted my children to see what the sport was really like. My Aaron didn't want to go to the camp when I first got the forms, but decided to sign him up, just in case he changed his mind. I personally think he has the skills necessary for the sport than the other two. He was making a lot of baskets and wouldn't get off the court during other team practices.
Our travel wasn't without incident because of the snow. We actually did a 180 in the school parking lot and again after turning a corner near our home. Nothing happened to the van...thank goodness. I learned how to drive in the snow really well so I knew what to do to establish some control.
Well, that's my day and the beginning of this blog. Hopefully, I will get better at this and get pictures posted as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment